One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A handle shaped like the butt of a pistol.
- ‘The combination of weight, a very effective recoil pad, the pistol grip and Remington's LE buckshot makes recoil almost a non-issue.’
- ‘Mossberg even packs a pistol grip with some of its models.’
- ‘Here, Matt, is a picture of a shotgun with a pistol grip.’
- ‘It also sports a hand-carved cheekpiece and checkering on the pistol grip, plus a thick ventilated rubber recoil buttpad with white-line spacer.’
- ‘One is located just behind the pistol grip and the other is all the way at the butt.’
- ‘The science and art of ergonomics dictates the use of the pistol grip for assault-style shooting, and closing the stock reduces its carrying length in tight places.’
- ‘What caught my eye about the Knoxx product was the claim for the ‘Copstock,’ which consists of a pistol grip and a folding wire buttstock.’
- ‘I quickly jerked my head back, with a hand on my pistol grip.’
- ‘The shotgun stand-alone version is converted from the attachable version by adding a pistol grip and a butt stock.’
- ‘That means the stock has a pistol grip and both butt-stock and forearm are checkered.’
- ‘These weapons happened to be a loophole because they didn't have a pistol grip on the stock.’
- ‘There was a handle in the rear, and a pistol grip and trigger in the front.’
- ‘‘I inflated my lifejacket and had a pistol grip underneath the casualty's chin to keep his head out of the water,’ he said.’
- ‘On the range and in the field, the combination of the pistol grip and forward assist handle worked just fine.’
- ‘The rifle is fitted with a pistol grip and single trigger that is heavier than I like because I'm like a four-pound-trigger kind of guy.’
- ‘Giving the Nova a racy new look, the designers at Benelli replaced conventional checkering on the pistol grip and forearm with a series of molded parallel ribs.’
- ‘Of all the guns I've had over the years, my favorite was a sawed-off shotgun with a pistol grip.’
- ‘Put sand bags under stock's fore-end and under the pistol grip.’
- ‘Winchester offers its Defender Model 1300 series with a pistol grip.’
- ‘The shooting hand holds the rifle above the pistol grip and the fore end of the stock is cradled in the crook of the left arm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.