One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white brandy made in Peru from muscat grapes.
- ‘Sure, you could rhumba with a Martini in one hand, but you need the right spirit - either rum or pisco - to get into the spirit and beat of Latin music and culture.’
- ‘Dinner's not till 8: 30, so fortify yourself with a predinner pisco in the hotel bar.’
- ‘When a large bottle of beer or pisco (a Peruvian alcoholic beverage) is opened, the bottle and glass are passed around in a circle.’
- ‘The ties go back so far, both Chile and Peru claim pisco as their national drink and are still fighting over who has sole ownership.’
- ‘Another alcoholic drink, also made from grapes, is called pisco.’
Named after a port in Peru.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.