One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small buff-coloured bird of coastal areas in eastern North America.
- ‘Three piping plovers, 50 least terns, and one oystercatcher were raised.’
- ‘The endangered piping plover, found nowhere else in Quebec, nests on the islands' beaches.’
- ‘Another plover you probably hope to view is the piping plover, cause of both agitation and celebration, depending upon your particular point of view.’
- ‘East Hampton beaches have been the preferred nesting location for about 22 pairs of threatened piping plovers in the last several years, but chick mortality has been around 60 percent.’
- ‘Management of piping plovers includes control of predators such as red foxes, raccoons, gulls, and crows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.