One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apples and pears collectively.‘it's too early for frost to be a problem for pipfruit’attributive ‘the pipfruit industry wants a cooperative commercial model’
- ‘Pipfruit growers may realise their third year of positive returns on the back of improved export markets and volume growth.’
- ‘Pipfruit sold well in Taiwan after a free trade agreement was brokered at the end of 2013.’
- ‘They enjoyed continued sales and profit growth in pipfruit, berries and stone fruit categories.’
- ‘Wine, pipfruit and horticulture all are working towards good futures, they say.’
- ‘Figures benefited from a strong pipfruit performance and the inclusion of its Apollo Apples acquisition.’
- ‘Pipfruit exports are tipped to grow by 23 per cent over the next two years.’
- ‘New Zealand pipfruit growers expect a small improvement in profitability this year thanks to a lift in prices.’
- ‘Sprays are used both in growing and after harvesting the pipfruit.’
- ‘By all means grow some old stonefruit and pipfruit favourites, but also try bananas and other exotics.’
- ‘You need to have orchard experience - ideally pipfruit and/or kiwifruit.’
Mid 19th century: from pip + fruit.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.