One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The laying of pipelines.
- ‘The agencies responsible for oil management are a complete hodgepodge, with seven different agencies having some degree of responsibility for some aspect of oil drilling, transport, pipelining, etc.’
- 1.1 Transportation by means of pipelines.
- ‘When the issue of pipelining Alaskan oil comes up, environmentalists start crying like a little girl with a skinned knee.’
A form of computer organization in which successive steps of an instruction sequence are executed in turn by a sequence of modules able to operate concurrently, so that another instruction can be begun before the previous one is finished.
- ‘It targets single streams of data and multiple, parallel streams through a mix of latency reduction, pipelining, real-time access, prioritisation and channel arbitration.’
- ‘It also implements instruction pipelining to overlap commands sent between the CPU and I / O devices.’
- ‘With tape pipelining, remote tape backup/restore comes of age.’
- ‘Instruction pipelining and prefetch and memory interleaving appeared in early IBM supercomputers and have become universal in today's microprocessors.’
- ‘In tape pipelining, the server and tape controller can sit thousands of miles apart, but the two units believe they are sitting next to each other in the same data center.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.