One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It tasted appropriately archaic, like a library full of old leatherbound books where someone's been smoking a pipeful of something aromatic.’
- ‘He was a friendly neighbour and sociable man, always with enough time to smoke a pipeful of good tobacco.’
- ‘For these men, ‘a full meal and a pipeful at the end of a day's labor are enough to banish care and to tinge living with a glow of satisfaction ’.’
- ‘I want you to sit back, kick off your shoes, and light up a pipeful of Bond Street Tobacco so you can relax.’
- ‘He gets out his stash and begins putting a pipeful together.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.