Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- see organ
- ‘The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy was given a piquant performance, proving itself a wonderful display piece for a grand pipe organ.’
- ‘Then, as we took our seats, the church was filled with the sound of music from a beautiful pipe organ.’
- ‘When extended forward, the shell could frame a 120-piece full symphony orchestra, a 300-member chorus, and a pipe organ.’
- ‘Their makers claim that anything a pipe organ can do an electronic organ can do at a fraction of the cost.’
- ‘People jump up from behind the pews, and a fake wall flips around to reveal a kindly organist at her pipe organ.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.