One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- see organ (sense 2)
- ‘People jump up from behind the pews, and a fake wall flips around to reveal a kindly organist at her pipe organ.’
- ‘The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy was given a piquant performance, proving itself a wonderful display piece for a grand pipe organ.’
- ‘Then, as we took our seats, the church was filled with the sound of music from a beautiful pipe organ.’
- ‘Their makers claim that anything a pipe organ can do an electronic organ can do at a fraction of the cost.’
- ‘When extended forward, the shell could frame a 120-piece full symphony orchestra, a 300-member chorus, and a pipe organ.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.