One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of wire covered with fibre, used to clean a tobacco pipe.
- ‘Attach a pipe cleaner to the tissue paper flower.’
- ‘Add yellow doll hair to top of head as well as a gold pipe cleaner for a halo.’
- ‘Pick out a black pipe cleaner and glue it to the top of the head for the antenna (a hot glue gun works the best here).’
- ‘She also brought in a group of girls, so that the toy makers could watch them play with pipe cleaners, cardboard, and other basic supplies.’
- ‘Wear a pipe cleaner or something that will fit on the places that you injure.’
- ‘Made of 165,000 two-inch pieces of chenille pipe cleaners, the piece has another, clandestine identity.’
- ‘Poke the pipe cleaners pieces in for stick arms.’
- ‘We recommend sewing a pipe cleaner inside a long tube and then shaping it into an animal.’
- ‘‘I came out of hospital looking like a collection of pipe cleaners,’ she recalls.’
- ‘My early years spent in Sunday school at the United Church involved creating Jesus effigies out of construction paper, pipe cleaners and white glue.’
- ‘Then I took my pipe out of my pocket and put this feather down the stem and everything and worked it in a way I've never worked a pipe cleaner before.’
- ‘I sat in Mr. Minister's tanned Buick station wagon, a miserable hostage, about to come face to face with bargain bins of felt and pipe cleaner.’
- ‘‘I don't feel hidebound by fashion,’ he says, taking a seat next to an ad hoc arrangement of pipe cleaners and a vase of ostrich feathers.’
- ‘At about 15 I was a proper pipe cleaner and I have never done anything about it since.’
- ‘My curriculum suggested I lead my 4-year - old charges in a craft that required four pipe cleaners per student.’
- ‘But all the Martha Stewart wannabe's can't wait to come out of their gingerbread houses to sell us their fancy little wares of felt and pipe cleaners.’
- ‘Arms, legs and tails that were knitted on the small spool loom may be made to hold a bent or curled position with a pipe cleaner.’
- ‘Ms. Flores also demonstrates glue-gun techniques, adding feathers, raffia, faux jewels and pipe cleaners to enhance the masks.’
- ‘The animal has been described as looking like a pipe cleaner by his keepers and joins animals including deer and reindeer.’
- ‘We used corrugated paper to form columns, assembled small wood scraps and pipe cleaners for sculptures, rails, fences and ramps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.