Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small nematode worm which is an internal parasite of vertebrates.
- ‘If your child has ascariasis, she should be evaluated for other intestinal parasites, such as pinworm.’
- ‘Threadworms, or pinworms, are small intestinal worm parasites.’
- ‘Everyone in your house should take the drugs even if they do not have pinworms.’
- ‘You can get pinworms by unknowingly swallowing microscopic pinworm eggs.’
- ‘When I checked it out, I knew right away they were pinworms.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.