One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A grapefruit with a pink, relatively sweet pulp.
- ‘One recently published study suggests that lycopene, which gives tomatoes, guava, watermelon and pink grapefruit their red color, may have immune-enhancing properties.’
- ‘Lycopene, meanwhile, a particularly potent antioxidant, is found in tomatoes, watermelon, guava, papaya, pink grapefruit, apricots and blood oranges.’
- ‘While I can refuse the warm dark chocolate torte with white chocolate sorbet and the pink grapefruit, orange and mango terrine I am powerless to resist the home-made cookies and ice-cream.’
- ‘It yields bushels of very delicious pink grapefruit each year that are so sweet they don't require sugar.’
- ‘The avocado tends to be quite creamy in texture, and the combination of the pink grapefruit and the avocado with the crab would be an automatic combination as the perfect salad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.