One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hallucinations supposedly typical of those experienced by a person who is drunk.
delusion, illusion, figment of the imagination, vision, apparition, mirage, chimera, fantasy, dream, daydreamView synonyms
- ‘If you were seeing pink elephants, it would be serious.’
- ‘It'll take more than a few shots of Wild Turkey or 99 Bananas before you start seeing pink elephants.’
- ‘There is nothing homosexual about pink gins which, if you drink too many, might help you to see pink elephants.’
- ‘Some have double vision; others hallucinate, claiming to have been visited by pink elephants.’
- ‘Because they were out for the night, the students were living it up (and then getting drunk enough to see pink elephants and the like).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.