One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Hallucinations supposedly typical of those experienced by a person who is drunk.
delusion, illusion, figment of the imagination, vision, apparition, mirage, chimera, fantasy, dream, daydreamView synonyms
- ‘Some have double vision; others hallucinate, claiming to have been visited by pink elephants.’
- ‘Because they were out for the night, the students were living it up (and then getting drunk enough to see pink elephants and the like).’
- ‘There is nothing homosexual about pink gins which, if you drink too many, might help you to see pink elephants.’
- ‘It'll take more than a few shots of Wild Turkey or 99 Bananas before you start seeing pink elephants.’
- ‘If you were seeing pink elephants, it would be serious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.