One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large harmless North American snake with dark markings. When disturbed it hisses loudly and vibrates its tail.
Pituophis melanoleucus, family Colubridae; formerly placed with the gopher and bull snakes
- ‘The Louisiana pine snake is one of the rarest snakes in the United States.’
- ‘For years the pine snake survived relatively unnoticed on the property.’
- ‘The Louisiana pine snake, one of the rarest snakes in the U.S., is relatively abundant on a managed forest in Bienville Parish, Louisiana, and scientists want to know why.’
- ‘The pine snakes, the gopher snakes, and bullsnakes all used to be treated as a single species.’
- ‘Louisian pine snake is possibly one of the rarest snakes in North America It is illegal to catch or possess these snakes in the state of Texas.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.