One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He can thus pin the whistleblower between the pinchers of the waiver and the threat of putting the stubborn journalist in jail.’
- ‘To ward off those would-be car pinchers, simply affix a toy crocodile to the front of your vehicle and watch them run from those terrifying plastic jaws of death!’
- ‘He should have said: ‘The lobster's not the only one feeling the pinchers around here!’’
- ‘Fear squats in my belly, takes out its pinchers and sets to work.’
- ‘By all means, get your little pinchers into everything you can!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.