One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a ball) at the same distance from the tee as the hole, but off to one side.
- ‘One shot might land pin-high and suck back 30 feet.’
- ‘From 160 yards, David Toms was too long, but Janzen, having driven 315 yards and avoided the new bunkers, was pin-high.’
- ‘If you hit a shot even one-yard past pin-high, you have virtually no chance to get the ball up and in.’
- ‘But his pin-high putt slid wide and finished a foot past the hole.’
- ‘It landed 10 to 15 yards short of the green and rolled up there pin-high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.