One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large ostentatious car, of a style associated with pimps.‘he'd equipped the van like a pimpmobile, with cherrywood panelling and shag carpet’
- ‘His string-quartet concerto, after Handel, delightful though it may be, has as much relation to its originals as a pimpmobile to a plough or as Stravinsky's Pulcinella to ‘Pergolesi.’’
- ‘The band reduces electric boogie and original punk-funk to their sinewy essences, with enough sleaze, sass and drunken merriment to power a pimpmobile.’
- ‘Hooker, noticing a black guy standing next to his own car while talking to some street girls, brakes, gets out, turns to Romano and says, ‘See if you can run a trace on that pimpmobile.’’
- ‘It's highly unlikely he's raking in ‘millions’ if he is, he isn't splurging on wardrobe and pimpmobiles.’
- ‘By the early 1970s, the Cadillac brand found itself riding around with a trunk full of stereotypes - pimpmobile, welfare Cadillac.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.