One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's amazing to think they've been in my attic all this time in an old pillowslip.’
- ‘The material will be used to make sheets and pillowslips.’
- ‘I wonder how many people are conned like this in this hotel, I wonder indeed if the pillowslips she showed were the ones from my room or just a prop to make some money.’
- ‘But like so many other photographically illustrated quilt tops and pillowslips made around the turn of the twentieth century by anonymous, untraceable amateurs, we can never know the whole story.’
- ‘There was a pack of them gathered around the Sale table, squawking over pillowslips and linen tablecloths like magpies over a sandwich crust.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.