Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A removable cloth cover for a pillow.
- ‘Egyptian cottons are used to create bedding of all types from sheets to pillowcases to comforters.’
- ‘I sat there in my king sized bed with my favorite green cover and pillowcases.’
- ‘On the eye-level shelf, fitted double sheets lie in one pile, single flat sheets in another, pillowcases in a third.’
- ‘Wool from sheep is woven into colorful fabrics that are then used for pillowcases, covers, blankets, carpets, and bags.’
- ‘The bottom sheet was a dark indigo color, along with my duvet cover and pillowcases.’
- ‘The mangling process is simply passing linens - sheets, tablecloths, pillowcases and the like - between rollers subjected to a very considerable weight to smooth them out.’
- ‘I was sweating so profusely that the sheets and the pillowcases were soaked.’
- ‘She had hot pink sheets, with matching pillowcases, as well as a dark purple comforter, and lavender throw pillow.’
- ‘Children also should not share eyedrops, tissues, eye makeup, washcloths, towels, or pillowcases with other people.’
- ‘She made the bed over again, turning the sheets and pillowcases inside out, fluffing the pillows.’
- ‘Her bed was covered in black sheets and pillowcases with a pink Hello Kitty design on the bedspread.’
- ‘Store your quilt in a pillowcase or sheet, or roll it onto a muslin-covered tube.’
- ‘Wash sheets, pillowcases and blankets at least once a week.’
- ‘The bed she was in had sheets and pillowcases made out of gold silks, and the most comfortable down blanket that she ever felt.’
- ‘She called up to Noelle to dump all the pillowcases and bed sheets downstairs, so I could take them to the Laundromat.’
- ‘Frequent changing and washing of pillowcases, bed linen and sheets keeps the dust mite population in the bedroom to tolerable levels.’
- ‘The wallpaper around them was a textured red with speckles of gold, but a gaudy look was avoided with the neutral silk, cream bedspreads, pillowcases and curtains.’
- ‘I tossed a blanket on the bed and put a new pillowcase on the pillow.’
- ‘One of my favourite fantasies is to have clean, fresh-air-dried sheets, and starched and ironed pillowcases and duvet cover, every day.’
- ‘All sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, and any blankets should be washed weekly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.