One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A removable cloth cover for a pillow.
- ‘Egyptian cottons are used to create bedding of all types from sheets to pillowcases to comforters.’
- ‘I was sweating so profusely that the sheets and the pillowcases were soaked.’
- ‘Children also should not share eyedrops, tissues, eye makeup, washcloths, towels, or pillowcases with other people.’
- ‘One of my favourite fantasies is to have clean, fresh-air-dried sheets, and starched and ironed pillowcases and duvet cover, every day.’
- ‘Wool from sheep is woven into colorful fabrics that are then used for pillowcases, covers, blankets, carpets, and bags.’
- ‘I sat there in my king sized bed with my favorite green cover and pillowcases.’
- ‘On the eye-level shelf, fitted double sheets lie in one pile, single flat sheets in another, pillowcases in a third.’
- ‘The bed she was in had sheets and pillowcases made out of gold silks, and the most comfortable down blanket that she ever felt.’
- ‘She called up to Noelle to dump all the pillowcases and bed sheets downstairs, so I could take them to the Laundromat.’
- ‘The mangling process is simply passing linens - sheets, tablecloths, pillowcases and the like - between rollers subjected to a very considerable weight to smooth them out.’
- ‘The bottom sheet was a dark indigo color, along with my duvet cover and pillowcases.’
- ‘The wallpaper around them was a textured red with speckles of gold, but a gaudy look was avoided with the neutral silk, cream bedspreads, pillowcases and curtains.’
- ‘She made the bed over again, turning the sheets and pillowcases inside out, fluffing the pillows.’
- ‘Store your quilt in a pillowcase or sheet, or roll it onto a muslin-covered tube.’
- ‘All sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, and any blankets should be washed weekly.’
- ‘Her bed was covered in black sheets and pillowcases with a pink Hello Kitty design on the bedspread.’
- ‘I tossed a blanket on the bed and put a new pillowcase on the pillow.’
- ‘She had hot pink sheets, with matching pillowcases, as well as a dark purple comforter, and lavender throw pillow.’
- ‘Wash sheets, pillowcases and blankets at least once a week.’
- ‘Frequent changing and washing of pillowcases, bed linen and sheets keeps the dust mite population in the bedroom to tolerable levels.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.