One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘I don't mean to come down too hard, because they still know how to deliver a good piledriving riff.’
- ‘A spokesman for Bradford Council said: ‘We are currently in negotiation with the developer's solicitors to try to reduce the impact piledriving is having on neighbours in Grange Close.’’
- ‘It's a mood reflected in a set of lyrics that grapple with the doubts and regrets of middle age - as Mould laments on the piledriving opener ‘Circles,’ ‘my circle of friends is shrinking’.’
- ‘‘Hurricane Designed for People’ follows with stuttering verses and a kinetic sledgehammer of a chorus packed with piledriving bass and drums.’
- ‘For real saturation, nothing beats the psychic piledriving of commercials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.