One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Young fern shoots eaten as a vegetable.‘on the menu was venison with potato rosti and pikopiko’
- ‘When the Pakeha first came in, they prohibited the picking of pikopiko.’
- ‘In my salads I use the heart of palm trees and ota, a Fiji fern like the New Zealand pikopiko.’
- ‘He describes the use of young fronds of the pikopiko.’
- ‘We had roast pork slices with a marinade of horopito and manuka and a pikopiko garnish.’
- ‘Important foods included whitebait, the seaweed karengo, huhu grubs, pikopiko (fern shoots).’
Late 19th century: Maori.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.