One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Kitchen refuse and scraps fed to pigs.
hogwash, pigwash, wash, mashView synonyms
- ‘Too weak to work, Tim reads while a resentful Chris shovels manure and pigswill for both of them.’
- ‘Therefore the soul falls below its own level and disintegrates, like the prodigal son reduced to feeding on pigswill.’
- ‘The meat was served in restaurants with no adverse effect on humans but the contaminated leftovers were sold to local farmers as pigswill.’
- ‘As widely expected, he announced plans to consult on banning the feeding of pigswill to pigs after continuing speculation that the practice was ‘a cause or the cause of the outbreak’.’
- ‘The Browns took me on a tour of their premises, including the boilers where the pigswill they fed their pigs was brewed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.