One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Kitchen refuse and scraps fed to pigs.
hogwash, pigwash, wash, mashView synonyms
- ‘As widely expected, he announced plans to consult on banning the feeding of pigswill to pigs after continuing speculation that the practice was ‘a cause or the cause of the outbreak’.’
- ‘The Browns took me on a tour of their premises, including the boilers where the pigswill they fed their pigs was brewed.’
- ‘The meat was served in restaurants with no adverse effect on humans but the contaminated leftovers were sold to local farmers as pigswill.’
- ‘Therefore the soul falls below its own level and disintegrates, like the prodigal son reduced to feeding on pigswill.’
- ‘Too weak to work, Tim reads while a resentful Chris shovels manure and pigswill for both of them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.