One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
complete mess, pigstyView synonyms
- ‘Before, she had been just as willing as Ashira was to go into the muddy pigpen or the dirty stables or the smelly, slimy swamp.’
- ‘The sanitary issues of raising more than 50 Labradors in a pigpen apparently didn't set off any alarms, because with demand so high, all the puppies were sold even before they were born.’
- ‘Tables are jumbled together pigpen style, turning eavesdropping into a kind of spectator event.’
- ‘It all happened during lunchtime in the usually crowded pigpen of a canteen.’
- ‘Mitch emphasized each their, adding his own secret meaning while the shots devoured this pigpen melee of design.’
- ‘The farm work included cleaning out pigpens and he soon became known as the ‘Hogman.’’
- ‘There's a horse in the pigpen, the pigs are in the chicken coop, and the hens are in the doghouse.’
- ‘It is a charming collection of beautiful and practical ideas to answer structural needs that are still necessary: pigpens, tool houses, as well as a host of barns designed according to the whim of the owner and the lay of the land.’
- ‘Mr Watkins also showed off a number of pigpens that contain baby and adult pigs, which he said are reared, de-wormed and castrated by inmates.’
- ‘Students will sit on the benches arranged in a semi-circle around the pigpen in order to visit the smartest animal on the farm the pig!’
- ‘Other factory farms scrape up manure from chicken houses and pigpens, adding it directly to chicken feed.’
- ‘They did not use compost, but they often placed their garden near the pigpen, chicken yard, or rabbit hutches so that these animals could convert less palatable garden produce into manure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.