One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who keeps and breeds pigeons.
- ‘A champion pigeon fancier believes he was deliberately targeted by arsonists who burned down his loft and killed more than 60 of his prized birds.’
- ‘Neighbours are celebrating victory in their battle to get a pigeon fancier to remove his nuisance loft from a garden.’
- ‘He was taken to a pigeon fancier and his identification ring was recognised.’
- ‘I have been a pigeon fancier for over 20 years and have witnessed hawk attacks on dozens of birds.’
- ‘If you are a pigeon fancier, I'd keep very, very quiet about it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.