One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A secretion from a pigeon's crop, which it regurgitates and feeds to its young.
- ‘The second pigeon accomplishment is the production of pigeon's milk.’
- ‘The parent pigeons are almost unique since they feed the infants on a secretion of the crop known as pigeon's milk.’
- ‘In just under three weeks the babies hatch and are fed on special pigeon's milk which is a curd-like substance produced in the crops of both parents.’
- ‘Pigeon's milk begins to be produced a couple of days before the eggs are due.’
- ‘Pigeon's milk, a cheesy secretion of the crop lining rich in fat, protein, and vitamins (like mammals' milk), is regulated by the same pituitary hormone that controls milk secretion in mammals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.