Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A curd-like secretion from a pigeon's crop, which it regurgitates and feeds to its young.
- ‘Pigeon's milk begins to be produced a couple of days before the eggs are due.’
- ‘The second pigeon accomplishment is the production of pigeon's milk.’
- ‘The parent pigeons are almost unique since they feed the infants on a secretion of the crop known as pigeon's milk.’
- ‘In just under three weeks the babies hatch and are fed on special pigeon's milk which is a curd-like substance produced in the crops of both parents.’
- ‘Pigeon's milk, a cheesy secretion of the crop lining rich in fat, protein, and vitamins (like mammals' milk), is regulated by the same pituitary hormone that controls milk secretion in mammals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.