One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So I'm pig-headedly refusing to take out my chisel and chip away at any slight imperfections.’
- ‘They have failed us here because they have been pig-headedly devoted to a research paradigm which is simply wrong.’
- ‘At the same time, that does not mean that a medical man can obstinately and pig-headedly carry on with some old technique if it has been proved to be contrary to what is really substantially the whole of informed medical opinion’.’
- ‘Music making can't possibly get any more correct, or more pig-headedly dull than this.’
- ‘Why does the executive so pig-headedly refuse to loosen the state's control over schools?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.