One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white Moselle wine produced in the Piesport region of Germany.
- ‘Retail stores bought thousands of cases of Liebfraumilch and Piesporter Michelsberg. They were sweet, light, fruity, and the perfect starting place for palates unaccustomed to dry wines.’
- ‘We chose a German Piesporter which tends to be a semi-sweet wine.’
- ‘If you are looking for a light sweet white wine, try the Piesporter.’
- ‘Our uninvited guest arrived with a half-bottle of extremely palatable Piesporter wine.’
- ‘Wine made from the village of Piesport is called Piesporter, and Piesporter just happens to be one of the most bastardized names in all of German wine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.