One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affect someone keenly or deeply.‘pure love had pierced her heart’‘I felt pierced to the heart, dejected and lonely’
- ‘Something pierced my heart, a bitter memory of how my boyfriend left me a few years go.’
- ‘But there's no way he could convey to us what he felt and what anguish and anxiety was piercing his heart.’
- ‘Even when reduced to tears, he doesn't pierce your heart.’
- ‘Today, however, she said something that just pierced my heart.’
- ‘Considering what just happened it pierced my heart and left me feeling weary with fear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.