One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a hairstyle in which layers or sections are separated into distinct pieces in such a way as to create a textured or tousled effect.‘the piecey cut flatters her face shape’‘I'm loving her piecey fringe’
- ‘The long piecey wisps definitely work with her face shape, and it's a fun style for fall.’
- ‘In addition to keeping your bangs in place, this teasing technique also helps create volume, so your bangs look full, not piecey.’
- ‘Fringes aren't just for long hair, but if you're going short like Emilia, keep the fringe long and piecey for a more youthful, modern finish.’
- ‘Her ponytail was piecey and textured.’
- ‘Julianne opted for piecey tendrils at the New York premiere of Safe Haven in February.’
- ‘On a visit to Vancouver, Victoria opted for a messy side braid with piecey bangs covering her eyes.’
- ‘Her heavy fringe and piecey, face-framing strands accentuated her makeup, which focused around her inky black liner.’
- ‘A piecey texture plus streaky coloured hair extensions gave the lengths of this look an edgier finish.’
- ‘From sleek and smooth to textured and piecey, there are plenty of looks to try.’
- ‘On Thursday, she introduced fans to her new style -a piecey long bob with blonde highlights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.