One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shallow metal or glass dish with sloping sides in which pies are baked.
- ‘Line a large 9-inch pie plate or flan dish with shortcrust pastry, oatmeal pastry or potato.’
- ‘Pour the granulated sugar into a pie pan or shallow bowl.’
- ‘Spread mixture into a 9-inch pie plate sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.’
- ‘Once it stiffed somewhat, he poured it also into the pie pan, on top of the meringue and spread it out so it formed smoothly.’
- ‘One cooks the meat in a pie pan for a full hour, which gives you enough time to whip up some mashed potatoes.’
- ‘Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk) into a glass pie plate or shallow baking dish.’
- ‘Not only had he eaten every bit of his pie he'd managed to slurp up the syrup that was in his pie plate as well.’
- ‘Combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a pie plate (or any dish with a flat bottom and 2 inches of depth); add tomato and turn to coat.’
- ‘This time I handled the dough with way more care, and laid it out in a deep pie pan, with ‘flaps’ of dough hanging outside.’
- ‘If you have a pie plate, cover the inside with some felt, enough felt to stick up over the rim of the plate.’
- ‘Preheat oven to 425° F and brush a 9-inch pie plate, preferably non-stick, with melted butter.’
- ‘Place the single sheet of puff pastry over the pie plate and crimp the edges down with a fork.’
- ‘When I bake mine I place it in something like a pie plate - you need something with sides.’
- ‘Clara placed the pie plate on the countertop and then turned to face Adam.’
- ‘I baked this one in a heavy frying pan just for fun, but you can use a pie plate instead - the result will be the same.’
- ‘Lisa stands in front of Andrea, an empty pie plate in her hands and a pleased expression in her eyes.’
- ‘Each child gets a small ball of dough and a pie pan.’
- ‘To determine the type of residue, pour one-half cup of the product as it is to be used in a glass pie plate.’
- ‘When you top raw eggs, though, set them and their containers in a pie pan to catch the drips.’
- ‘Form the pie crust by pressing smooth paste into a nine-inch pie pan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.