One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mode of recording events by pictorial symbols; pictography.
- ‘The signs in picture-writing, stylized images, seem to constitute their own silent language.’
- ‘Writing takes many forms. Picture-writing incorporates recognisable images and symbols.’
- ‘The written form of Sign Language is the picture-writing also called Pictography and Ideography, because it represents ideas and not words or letters.’
- ‘They assumed that hieroglyphs were nothing more than primitive picture writing, and that their decipherment relied on a literal translation of the images they saw.’
- ‘Picture-writing applies the principles of whole-brain creativity to writing for young readers, allowing you to tap your imagination more deeply and powerfully than you ever thought possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.