One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mode of recording events by pictorial symbols; pictography.
- ‘They assumed that hieroglyphs were nothing more than primitive picture writing, and that their decipherment relied on a literal translation of the images they saw.’
- ‘The written form of Sign Language is the picture-writing also called Pictography and Ideography, because it represents ideas and not words or letters.’
- ‘Writing takes many forms. Picture-writing incorporates recognisable images and symbols.’
- ‘Picture-writing applies the principles of whole-brain creativity to writing for young readers, allowing you to tap your imagination more deeply and powerfully than you ever thought possible.’
- ‘The signs in picture-writing, stylized images, seem to constitute their own silent language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.