One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
movie theatre, movie houseView synonyms
- ‘Such disregard for the traditions of the picture palace was hard to take.’
- ‘Although he has lived in Australia for 30 years, he will never forget his trips to the picture palace.’
- ‘Tonight's unique fireworks display, reflected against the wall of the old building, will be the highlight of a grand goodbye to what was once the town's most splendid picture palace.’
- ‘Eventually, however, the picture palaces began to lose their pulling power and bingo started taking over.’
- ‘This was a fascinating journey tracing the history of cinema, from humble beginnings in small local halls to the splendid picture palaces that graced almost every High Street in the land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.