One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system that enables digital photos and animated graphics to be sent and received by mobile phone.
- ‘Almost all 16 to 18-year-olds have their own mobile phone, complete with picture messaging.’
- ‘In Western Europe, where the market for new mobile phones is thought to be saturated, sales will be driven by replacement phones that include new features such as colour screens, digital cameras, picture messaging and games, he said.’
- ‘More interesting applications, such as mobile gaming and picture messaging are in the works, and the uptake of GPRS is likely to depend on how compelling these become for consumers.’
- ‘Common across the range are high quality color screens, Java, always-on packet data, polyphonic ring tones, and support for MMS picture messaging.’
- ‘Looking beyond picture messaging, the mobile phone industry has its eyes firmly focused on 3G to help to return the runaway growth witnessed in the late 1990s.’
- ‘The use of text is also expanding into picture messaging as people explore the range of mobile messaging services that are becoming available.’
- ‘On the mobile front there's downright scepticism about picture messaging.’
- ‘The slow but steady growth of picture messaging in Europe promises to be a money spinner for cash-strapped carriers.’
- ‘Mobile phones need to offer a credible alternative to entry level cameras before picture messaging will be more than a fad, he argues.’
- ‘The argument is that ordinary networks will not be able to handle the sheer volume of data-rich multimessaging sent across them by a public hooked on picture messaging or downloading handheld games.’
- ‘Two years after the introduction of picture messaging in Europe, MMS is still a flop.’
- ‘They are selling advanced multimedia mobile phones, providing voice calls, picture messaging, internet services, video phone calls, and the like.’
- ‘The obvious way to do this is to send it to another phone, though this also has to be capable of picture messaging and currently has to be on the same network.’
- ‘The handset features a 1.3 mega pixel camera, capable of digital still and video capture, as well as support for various smart phone functions such as picture messaging and Bluetooth.’
- ‘This adds new features such as bulk deleting of messages, a new MMS picture messaging client and a number of other new applications.’
- ‘Does anyone know what the music is in the latest mobile phone ads for picture messaging?’
- ‘With the advent of picture messaging, the clamour for improved data transfer rates has become even louder.’
- ‘First picture messaging, then mobile phone camcorders, next, broadcast digital TV?’
- ‘With applications like picture messaging replacing text messaging, he predicted GPRS would be a hit in the consumer space and generate revenues for operators for at least the next three years.’
- ‘It can provide voice telephony and picture messaging throughout most of the UK, but videophone coverage is largely limited to the country's biggest metropolitan areas and the major road and rail routes linking them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.