One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An open-air venue for screening films.‘the local picture garden was soon a family favourite’‘built in 1916, these are the oldest picture gardens in the world’
- ‘I looked forward to Tuesday nights when movies were shown at the hall or the outdoor picture garden.’
- ‘Sink back in a canvas deckchair in the world's oldest operating picture gardens and enjoy the latest movies.’
- ‘The outdoor picture garden remains an adorably rustic desert jewel.’
- ‘Her current research interests include the outdoor picture gardens of Western Australia.’
- ‘They presented moving pictures in town halls and mechanics institutes and open-air picture gardens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.