One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A frame made to hold a picture.‘a large golden picture frame’
- ‘What can you learn from a face in a picture frame?’
- ‘He examined the effect in a golden picture frame, and then shuffled down the corridor to find a way out.’
- ‘The foot-long piece of oak was recovered after the sinking and formed part of a picture frame for many years.’
- ‘Why were the image and the picture frame found in that size?’
- ‘It looked beautiful, so my friend set up his photo equipment and asked me to look through the lens to give my opinion about the picture frame.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.