One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A book containing many illustrations, especially one for children.
- ‘This picture book gently illuminates an intensely personal grief with the author's brilliant clarity.’
- ‘He translated The Book of Beasts, a picture book illustrating mythical animals, from Latin.’
- ‘Right from the outset, it should be noted that this is not a glossy picture book with captions, but is a proper book, with photographic illustrations.’
- ‘Each set of sentences is typed on a sheet to face each picture and assembled as a picture book.’
- ‘A good picture book isn't an illustrated short story.’
- ‘It is one of those books that is almost a picture book with clear explanations, although the words do predominate.’
- ‘One reading was from a picture book about a little girl who picks a batch of blueberries and leaves them on her neighbor's porch.’
- ‘During picture book reading mothers tend to use instructional strategies more frequently than in other situations.’
- ‘They indicate how the images might have looked reproduced in some fashion - in a drawing, in a mural, in a picture book.’
- ‘Damien has written a picture book, which he read to us today.’
- ‘He ended up picking a picture book about a caterpillar that turns into a butterfly that he remembered reading form his own childhood.’
- ‘You can actually see the dimensions, and if it's a picture book, the illustrator's style.’
- ‘This all too short book is a lovely picture book for children with a built in history lesson.’
- ‘A large body of literature reveals there is no consensus on whether direct collaboration between author and illustrator results in a better picture book.’
- ‘The film is based on a picture book which is just 10 pages long, unlike other movies which are based on novels.’
- ‘Interactions such as sharing a picture book, telling a story, and talking about experiences are central to emergent literacy.’
- ‘She is a high school Spanish teacher and author of a bilingual picture book.’
- ‘Students can create a visual representation of the historical picture book of their choice through the creation of a mask.’
- ‘Offering students the opportunity to compare a picture book with a teen novel allows us to review familiar tales with students.’
- ‘How does a picture book, or even a Young Adult text, represent the pain of war atrocities without inflicting trauma on its readers?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.