One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘Other finds included a whalebone weaving comb, and the earliest black-painted Pictish pebbles yet found, dating to about 100 BC.’
- ‘The development site has possible Pictish burial cairns on it and the proposed quarry is bordered by a Site of Special Scientific Interest, designated for its assemblage of fluvioglacial landforms.’
- ‘Probably first built in the late Bronze Age, about 3,000 years ago, it is likely to have been reoccupied by a Pictish chieftain.’
- ‘The curved style of the walls suggest that this earlier structure dates from the 8th century and could be the remains of a Pictish monastery.’
- ‘These drawings have been assumed to be Viking, but the style of carving is Pictish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.