One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & noun
- ‘The development site has possible Pictish burial cairns on it and the proposed quarry is bordered by a Site of Special Scientific Interest, designated for its assemblage of fluvioglacial landforms.’
- ‘Other finds included a whalebone weaving comb, and the earliest black-painted Pictish pebbles yet found, dating to about 100 BC.’
- ‘Probably first built in the late Bronze Age, about 3,000 years ago, it is likely to have been reoccupied by a Pictish chieftain.’
- ‘These drawings have been assumed to be Viking, but the style of carving is Pictish.’
- ‘The curved style of the walls suggest that this earlier structure dates from the 8th century and could be the remains of a Pictish monastery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.