One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of picric acid.
- ‘For example, the 20 Roche peer groups represent 8 instruments, and 5 of these used versions of both enzymatic and kinetic alkaline picrate reagents.’
- ‘Creatinine was measured in all urine samples by a colorimetric assay, using an alkaline picrate method.’
- ‘Urinary creatinine was determined by the alkaline picrate method.’
- ‘The survey allowed participants to categorize the alkaline picrate reaction into methods with or without use of Lloyd pretreatment, kinetic methods, and rate-blanked kinetic methods.’
- ‘Explosives based on ammonium picrate and picric acid were also used by the military.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.