One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Thousands of other workers who were approaching the factory to start the morning's work joined the picketers and began a strike.’
- ‘The courts were quick to grant injunctions strictly limiting the number of picketers, so as to ensure the strikebreaking operation could go forward unimpeded.’
- ‘We make our way to the theater, where noisy picketers are demonstrating against the very education reforms that had been on the governor's agenda earlier in the day.’
- ‘The picketers had been protesting for more than a month, demanding jobs, with no response from government authorities.’
- ‘One police officer explained that they were responding to complaints and that, while they were in solidarity with picketers, they would have to arrest everyone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.