One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who tunes pianos as an occupation.
- ‘My father was also a piano tuner and had a workshop at the back.’
- ‘You can never expect a piano tuner to be entirely happy working with an electronic keyboard, but rarely have I felt so frustrated.’
- ‘After it was delivered, a piano tuner examined it and said it was beyond repair.’
- ‘With an electronic tuner and little training, maybe anyone could become a piano tuner, but there's still the need for experience and learning how and when to make fine adjustments.’
- ‘Secondly, on average, professional piano tuners fail to tune notes more accurately than about 8 cents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.