One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who tunes pianos as an occupation.
- ‘After it was delivered, a piano tuner examined it and said it was beyond repair.’
- ‘Secondly, on average, professional piano tuners fail to tune notes more accurately than about 8 cents.’
- ‘You can never expect a piano tuner to be entirely happy working with an electronic keyboard, but rarely have I felt so frustrated.’
- ‘My father was also a piano tuner and had a workshop at the back.’
- ‘With an electronic tuner and little training, maybe anyone could become a piano tuner, but there's still the need for experience and learning how and when to make fine adjustments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.