One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plankton consisting of microscopic plants.
- ‘In marine sediments marine phytoplankton (floating plants) are widely used in biostratigraphy.’
- ‘This contrast may be due in part to differences in generation time between phytoplankton and zooplankton.’
- ‘Virtually all life in the world's oceans is directly or indirectly dependent on one-celled plants called phytoplankton.’
- ‘This mixing leads to better growing conditions for tiny, free-floating ocean plants called phytoplankton.’
- ‘This in turn affects the production of microscopic plants called phytoplankton, which is the main food for the pilchard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.