One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance found in certain plants which is believed to be beneficial to human health and help prevent various diseases.
- ‘The number of phytonutrients with scientifically proven health benefits will only increase in the next few years.’
- ‘In fact, recent studies show that eating salads with fat-free salad dressing may prevent your body from absorbing beneficial phytonutrients!’
- ‘During the last decade, their curiosity has introduced us to a whole new language of phytonutrients, the beneficial compounds in plant foods.’
- ‘Certain diets - such as high-fiber, low-fat diets with a high content of fresh fruit and vegetables - protect against cancers because many phytonutrients enhance immunity and are free-radical scavengers.’
- ‘It may also create cures for diseases, uncover unique phytonutrients, or introduce entirely new views on what constitutes good nutrition.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.