One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of various biologically active compounds found in plants.
- ‘Well-planned vegetarian diets are also a great of nutrients such as fiber, carbohydrate, vitamin A and phytochemicals, and contain healthy fats.’
- ‘It is also high in vitamins, minerals, protein, phytochemicals and chlorophyll, and it may work as a cancer preventative and brain booster.’
- ‘They're also full of fiber and phytochemicals, plant compounds that may protect against some cancers and cardiovascular disease.’
- ‘Fruit and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, fibre and plant substances known as phytochemicals, many of which may have cancer-protective effects.’
- ‘Researchers working in the tissue culture laboratory were to evaluate a variety of plant hormones and phytochemicals to determine rapid growth conditions.’
Relating to phytochemistry or phytochemicals.
- ‘The classical method is laboratory based and relies on previous taxonomic findings, phytochemical factors, immunopharmacological studies, and random screening methods.’
- ‘After finding out how the locals made use of medicinal plants - ethnobotanic research - the center took the plants to the laboratory to identify the chemicals found in them, in what is called phytochemical research.’
- ‘Further phytochemical investigations are deemed necessary in order to evaluate modes of actions of isolated active constituents of this plant.’
- ‘It is commonly utilized either as a nutritional supplement or as a phytochemical remedy for different diseases ranging from chronic inflammation to circulatory dysfunctions.’
- ‘‘Unlike phytochemical profiles and morphological features, DNA sequence normally remains unaltered during the development of the plant and under various environmental conditions,’ he says.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.