Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery.In the US called physical therapy
- ‘Each day is a regime of exercises and physiotherapy, a routine designed to restore as much normality as possible.’
- ‘Video games have been used as a form of physiotherapy or occupational therapy in many different groups of people.’
- ‘A trial might need people, for example, to provide physiotherapy or cognitive behaviour therapy.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘She said physiotherapy, occupational therapy and rehabilitation could be all be provided at home.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.