Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The treatment of disease, injury, or deformity by physical methods such as massage, heat treatment, and exercise rather than by drugs or surgery.In the US called physical therapy
- ‘A trial might need people, for example, to provide physiotherapy or cognitive behaviour therapy.’
- ‘Each day is a regime of exercises and physiotherapy, a routine designed to restore as much normality as possible.’
- ‘Recovery can be aided by speech therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and counselling.’
- ‘Video games have been used as a form of physiotherapy or occupational therapy in many different groups of people.’
- ‘She said physiotherapy, occupational therapy and rehabilitation could be all be provided at home.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.