One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.‘these three kinds of muscular motion are well known to physiologists’
- ‘Another team member, a physiologist, is examining the efficiency of water treatment plants in removing oestrogens.’
- ‘The physiologist wanted to find out how efficiently the peanut plant uses water.’
- ‘One of the most significant discoveries of all occurred in 1921 when Canadian physiologists Banting and Best isolated the hormone insulin.’
- ‘This mode of action has not been hitherto distinctly understood by physiologists.’
- ‘Australian physiologist Frank Cotton played a central role in the evolution of the aviation garment in the 1930s and 1940s.’
- ‘The proposal was influenced by the new interest shown by physiologists in the subjective conditions of visual perception.’
- ‘Many Nobelists in this category (working in such fields as immunology, molecular biology, and bioengineering) would not readily have identified themselves as physiologists.’
- ‘The information encoded in the genes provides a very challenging experimental opportunity for physiologists.’
- ‘Breeders are losing valuable genetic stocks every year, according to the plant physiologist who heads the research.’
- ‘He has been collaborating with a reproductive physiologist at the University of Missouri.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.