One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for physical geography
- ‘Several nice color maps of the geology, vegetation, and physiography of the state are provided in this chapter.’
- ‘Moreover, other changes in South American physiography followed the uplift of the Andes, including formation of the modern river basins.’
- ‘A brief history of the district, derivation of its name, physiography and details about its flora and fauna have been given.’
- ‘A series of compressional and extensional tectonic events created the present geologic structure and physiography.’
- ‘Ironically, human geography did indeed rise in importance as a result of his efforts, ultimately eclipsing his own brand of man-land relationships and the science of physiography that he advocated but hardly ever practised.’
Early 19th century: from French physiographie (see physio-, -graphy).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.