Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to physics and chemistry or to physical chemistry.
- ‘These markers are chosen according to their spectral properties and their physico-chemical reactivities toward UV radiations.’
- ‘Consequently, basic physico-chemical research on the interaction between model lipid systems and surfactants is needed so that poloxamer therapy can be improved rationally.’
- ‘The physico-chemical properties of ethanol, particularly its activity as a solvent, may result in disturbances to cellular structures other than DNA.’
- ‘The Mg content of rugose coral skeletons may thus have varied as a reflection of changing physico-chemical parameters in the marine environment through time.’
- ‘Some depend on the physico-chemical differences between the protein and other material (including other proteins).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.