One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of physics.
- ‘However, the fascination of physicists with the natural world shows no sign of ending.’
- ‘The idea of counting as physicists all students who obtain any degree in physics is a bit of a stretch.’
- ‘Little wonder that these machines are proving to be so popular with physicists.’
- ‘A form of pragmatism, it was expounded by an American physicist, Percy Bridgman.’
- ‘From then on the twenty-three-year-old physicist could call himself Dr. Stephen Hawking.’
- ‘But then, being a physicist, Pieranski did something that few mathematicians would think to do.’
- ‘Even physicists concede that quantum physics is mostly irrelevant to large scale phenomena.’
- ‘Early last century, a physicist called Wolfgang Pauli invented a particle to help his sums balance.’
- ‘A moving particle will carry with it the energy of its motion, which the physicists call kinetic energy.’
- ‘In 1934 the Hungarian physicist Leo Szilard filed a patent with the British Patent Office.’
- ‘Maybe the end is in sight for theoretical physicists, if not for theoretical physics.’
- ‘Now physicists have spotted the equivalent result in photons flying near an atom.’
- ‘The brilliant physicist, Richard Feynman, did poorly in some subjects.’
- ‘In fact, mathematicians and physicists were among the last to latch on to the importance of symmetry.’
- ‘In doing so, he educated several generations of physicists in statistical mechanics in a style rare in this century.’
- ‘So fate not only made me a physicist, but it also made me a computer scientist.’
- ‘For years physicists have wondered how a crumpled sheet can be so extraordinarily rigid.’
- ‘Unfortunately, a quick straw poll revealed two engineering students, two physicists and a maths graduate.’
- ‘This is another reason why physicists have become so impressed by string theory.’
- ‘Even a biologist must trust what a physicist says about quantum mechanics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.