One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectivePhilosophy
- ‘Contrary to what your consult implies in his response, I am not a vitalist, a reductionist, or a physicalist.’
- ‘For all that the argument from charity shows, when it comes to disputes like that between an animist and a physicalist, relativism could be the right view.’
- ‘In fact anomalous monism has proved to be a highly contentious position drawing criticism from both physicalists and non-physicalists alike.’
- ‘Epicurus was a thoroughgoing physicalist in his philosophy of mind.’
- ‘However, those who reject a physicalist ontology of consciousness must find ways of modeling it as a nonphysical aspect of reality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.