Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- US term for physiotherapy
- ‘In fact, she's already begun physical therapy.’
- ‘He is now getting around on crutches and expects to undergo a year of physical therapy.’
- ‘You also can use that time to begin physical therapy, which can speed your recovery.’
- ‘The investigators enrolled 131 consecutive patients who were referred for physical therapy for the treatment of low back pain.’
- ‘Physical therapy can be helpful even in a child's very early years.’
- ‘The initial physical therapy was intense - six days a week.’
- ‘Everett has been doing physical therapy, occupational therapy, for many hours a day.’
- ‘Her injuries require her to receive physical therapy every day.’
- ‘Nothing could stop him now - six months of disciplined physical therapy had paid off.’
- ‘Some people may need physical therapy to gain some strength back.’
- ‘I'm still in physical therapy for car accidents that happened back in 2002.’
- ‘He is facing surgery, followed by at least six months of physical therapy.’
- ‘In the past few years, the focus within physical therapy has been on evidence-based practice (EBP).’
- ‘They were then assigned randomly to receive the forearm brace alone, physical therapy alone, or both.’
- ‘I spent a full month wearing a sling, then began physical therapy.’
- ‘Those who received physical therapy attended nine sessions over a six-week period.’
- ‘She also consulted in the community regarding pulmonary physical therapy.’
- ‘Once the pediatrician had confirmed that Daniel had a problem, he prescribed immediate physical therapy.’
- ‘A medical school might be able to put you in touch with a student studying physical therapy.’
- ‘Physical therapy helps patients learn to walk or use a wheelchair.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.