One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Instruction in physical exercise and games, especially in schools.
- ‘Aine runs the after-school club at St Colman's PS where physical education is the name of the game.’
- ‘I think one of the fatal mistakes that a number of States have made is actually to separate physical education from sport.’
- ‘After the Olympics he plans to go back to Sage Hill to teach physical education and art.’
- ‘He became a student of physical education and exercise science at California State University in Chico, near Los Angeles.’
- ‘So I suggest certain measures to make physical education more effective.’
- ‘Even physical education for merely normal students is being cut back, eliminated.’
- ‘Her aim is to find a university to study physical education and teaching once she has taken her exams at the end of this year.’
- ‘Born in Canada, he grew up in New Mexico and majored, as he mentioned at his trial, in physical education.’
- ‘It recognises their efforts to promote physical education and sporting excellence in the school and the wider community.’
- ‘A further important aspect of the school and national curriculum is physical education, sports and games.’
- ‘They were integrated for subjects such as physical education and music.’
- ‘At the same time budget cuts for physical education mean that pupils have less opportunities for exercise.’
- ‘The Yorkshire Post has now been campaigning for over two years to raise the profile of physical education in state school timetables.’
- ‘As I say, Maths and English we support being compulsory and physical education should be no different.’
- ‘For her first 10 years on the job, Ruley coached basketball and taught physical education.’
- ‘Teachers are under great loads in all areas of the curriculum, and I think physical education needs to move forward.’
- ‘In physical education, pupils had the chance to take part in 16 different sports and ended up winning regional and local trophies.’
- ‘One noted expert on physical education claims that high-school athletes have the backing of both parents and coaches for steroid use.’
- ‘Now you might have heard a program we did on The Sports Factor towards the end of last year about children and physical education.’
- ‘The physical education that the women had was very tough and grueling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.