One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The development of the body by exercise.
- ‘An obituary from 1939 describes Owen Moran as ‘a fine type of Lancashire mill lad with a great devotion to physical culture.’’
- ‘If rigid, you are more easily thrown, particularly if you are a victim of pernicious systems of physical culture which cause abnormal development, bordering on the condition known as ‘muscle-bound.’’
- ‘Romantic interest in classical statuary seems to have stimulated this growing interest in physical culture and in an association of a sound body with morality.’
- ‘The club's main aims are to improve the health and wellbeing of underprivileged children through physical culture, gymnastics, boxing, swimming and athletics.’
- ‘Les never lost his interest in physical culture, which he would inform you, is not now an apt description of the current scene of bodybuilding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.